Best suited for:
Supervisors, managers, and leaders. This program can also be customized for NEW or EMERGING managers and leaders.
What you’ll learn:
- What truly engages and motivates employees (and how neuroscience research shows us this)
- Proven techniques, conversation sequences, and scripts for coaching
- What works and what doesn’t when giving feedback – and why
- The myths around positive feedback – do high performers really need it?
- How improving staff focus can boost team performance by 25% instantly
- How increasing clarity decreases conflict and team drama
- The impacts power and status have on daily work life
- What exact ingredients make goals undeniably attractive to your staff’s brains
- . . . and much, much more!
Keynote, breakout session, workshop, small group coaching series, and online course
We’ve relied on a management theory base that is due for an extreme makeover. Though developed with good intentions, much of what we learned ought to be promptly unlearned! Some of the very techniques taught to managers in training worldwide, are causing threat, fear, hypercompetition, and low productivity in the staff we lead. We’re creating culture built on distrust and cynicism rather than high-performance and self-initiative.
Because science hadn’t – until now – been able to show how brains respond to change, to threat, to competition, to reward, we were operating on the best we knew then about management effectiveness. Learn how delegation, feedback, coaching, development, and goal-setting practices all get a facelift in the light of new research. Neuroscience is offering up information about how our minds work that revolutionizes management behavior.
Erika Garms, PhD, is one of a small group of global leaders working with the practical applications of neuroscience in the workplace. Bring her in for your next company meeting, management retreat or conference for this interactive, content-rich, and actionable workshop!